Monday, November 22, 2004
On this day:

21-13

Congratulations to the Auburn Tigers for their victory in Saturday's Iron Bowl. I was disappointed that my team didn't win, but it was still a great game, living up to its reputation as the biggest rivalry in college football.

Little sister and I lucked out and got seats just off the 50 yard line, 46 rows up...best seats I've ever had for any Bama game, I think. It rained on and off throughout the game, but the stadium was still filled. And, thousands more people were in town watching from their tailgate spots or from Tuscaloosa watering-holes.

There were LOTS of Auburn fans, both in the "visitors" seats and scattered throughout the crowd. And why not? Auburn has racked up an 11-0 record and is (or at least should be) a contender for the national championship.

I certainly hope Auburn puts a whipping on Tennessee in the SEC championship game, both because it is good and right for Bama fans to hate UT and Fat Phil Fulmer this year, and because I'd like to see a team from Alabama and the SEC play for the national championship. I think a good number of Bama fans would agree with me here...after the game, amid the inevitable taunts and curses, you could hear chants of "SEC...SEC!" as fans came out of the stadium. So, now we can all be friends again...until next year.