Tuesday, January 03, 2006
On this day:

Blog envy? Not me

No, I'm not the least bit envious that Zac and Mac were mentioned in the Huntsville Times on Sunday and I wasn't. I mean - I completely understand. I don't even list my e-mail address on my web site. How would the Times reporter have contacted me?

Besides, I wouldn't have wanted the recognition, anyway. A mention in the Times may have brought instant fame and hundreds of new readers, but what do I care? I don't. Not in the least. Really. The best parts of the Times are the comics and the coupons. It also comes in handy for catching canary poop. And as a prop for viewing the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not that I would ever watch the Rocky Horror Picture Show again, mind you, but if I did, I'd take a copy of the Huntsville Times - minus the coupons.

Oh great...it looks like the AP picked up the story, too. That means it'll be in every newspaper in the state. Some people will get thousands and thousands of new readers...their stats counter will trip...they'll have ad revenues out the wazoo...go on to build media empires...earn early retirements...buy a mansion und a yacht. Oh well...congrats, guys. Remember the little people.