Friday, May 19, 2006
On this day:

Don Siegelman and Lanny Young: a love gone wrong

Here's sweet Don - in a letter to landfill developer (i.e. trash mogul) Lanny Young, dated July 15, 1999:

Lanny,

You are something. I really appreciate your friendship and look forward to us spending more time together.

You are special,

Don.

Now, here's mean Don - May 17, 2006, after Lanny's testimony in federal court:

I know Lanny is lying. This guy is a crook. This guy is a scam artist.


In a later statement, which went unreported in the mainstream press, Siegelman added, "That Lanny guy is just awful...I don't know what ever possessed me to get involved with him. He's a real b**ch. The sad thing is - things were going so good there for awhile. We had a totally fabulous time together. Then, all of a sudden, he gets all distant and s**t, and before I had time to call him up and ask "what's wrong?", he goes and testifies against me. I mean...what's up with that? I really think I deserved better, don't you?"