Tuesday, June 19, 2007
On this day:

Tired, hungry, ill...and wet

I see that Huntsville Utilities is asking its customers to conserve water. So why - pray tell - did I just get sprayed by every dad-gummed sidewalk-splattering sprinkler in Research Park during my evening run?

This is particularly annoying given that 1) the City of Huntsville owns Huntsville Utilities; 2) the city also maintains the grounds in Research Park, including its obnoxious concrete-watering "irrigation systems"; and 3) I am more irritable than usual right now because I ran my "long route" today (about 5 miles or so) and my body is having a hard time retrieving enough calories to nourish my more charitable instincts.

Hopefully, I'll be in a much better mood after I go to Friday's and have some food and a beer or two.