Monday, July 09, 2007
On this day:

This old house

Well, I did it. Last week, I signed a contract to buy a house. That probably means that blogging will be light to nonexistent for the next several weeks while I'm getting stuff packed up or discarded. It's not like I've been blogging at peak rate lately, anyhow.

This will be my first house, so I'm pretty excited. Living in an apartment has completely lost its appeal to me over the past year - so much so that it's hard to remember what the appeal was to begin with. I want a lawn to mow, d--n it. One that doesn't belong to someone else.

Anyway, I'm gonna start talking to mortgage people tomorrow. The home inspection is Tuesday. (It's an old house, so that's pretty important.) Closing is at the end of this month. Needless to say, I'll be pretty busy between now and getting primed for the joys of home ownership.

Wish me luck.