Thursday, December 20, 2007
On this day:

Painting

I started painting the walls in my den and hallway last weekend. Or I guess I should say I got started starting to paint them. I haven't actually painted anything yet. I'm still doing the prep work...spackling and sanding, sanding and spacking, washing and rinsing...trying to hide all the little holes, dimples, cracks, and nail pops that I know will annoy me to death if I don't get rid of them. From the looks of it, I should be done sometime around Groundhog Day. What an ever-loving pain in the arse.

Anyway, that's why posting has been so light this week. I'm a little sad about that because there's actually a lot going on in the world right now. Mike Huckabee appears to be the new Republican front-runner (frown), Britney Spears's little sister (what is her name?) is pregnant, Vladimir Putin has been named Time Magazine's "Man of the Year," and Christmas is next week.

Speaking of which, I have yet to buy the first Christmas present. Been too busy spackling and thinking about painting to shop. Stores are open on Chrismas Eve, right?

Needless to say, you probably won't be hearing much from me over the next week, so in case I don't get back before then, here's wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.