Tuesday, April 25, 2006
On this day:

Nall no longer endorses Darby

Loretta Nall, the Libertarian Party's candidate for Governor, has responded to my earlier question of whether she still endorses Larry Darby for Attorney General. Thankfully, the answer is "no." Here's what she said:

""One other thing while I have you here...do you still "encourage all of your supporters to support Larry Darby against John Tyson in the June primary?""

No.
Let me try and explain my relationship with Mr. Darby.

Back in 2002 when all of my legal troubles began I hired Mr. Darby as my children's attorney due to having some very serious problems with the school system here in Tallapoosa County.

All I knew about him at the time was that he was a fellow Atheist and supported drug policy reform.

In all honesty I did not know that Larry Darby was a white supremacist/holocaust denier until he attended my news conference on the steps of the State Capitol and made it a point to inform the media of his stance on those particular issues.

Had there been a rock large enough for me to crawl under at that time I think I might actually have done it.

I vehemently disagree with Mr. Darby's viewpoints on white supremacy and the holocaust. I find them offensive. I, however, respect his right to hold those views no matter how offensive I might find them. We all share the same freedoms regardless of how we choose to exercise them. To take away ones freedom to think repugnant thoughts is to also take away my right and yours to think nice, tolerant, peaceful ones.

I apologize for coming off so harsh...not for saying it was "utter horseshit"....that's just the way I am. I don't mince words and I don't abide by what the potty mouth police try to enforce.

I am actually kind of glad you brought this whole thing up. I had been wondering how long it would be after Mr. Darby made that statement on the Capitol steps before someone would dig up my original endorsement for his campaign. Now this is out in the open and can be dealt with.

I don't agree with Mr. Darby, and having discovered his real position on race issues I no longer support his campaign for AG.

We need an AG in Alabama who can be fair when enforcing the laws. Not one who is biased and racist. Alabama needs so desperately to move away from the politics of hate and the terrible image we have across state lines. I will only support candidates who are true to those ideals.

In Liberty,
Loretta Nall

She also let me know that I'm not on her s**tlist. That's nice to hear. I get the feeling that Loretta Nall's s**tlist would not be a very pleasant place to be. (Why do I keep saying s**t, by the way? Why can't I just say s*it, or sh*t, or even *hit?) Anyway, here's Loretta:
Oh...and you're not on my s**tlist. I try to reserve that for people who actually belong there and you don't, as far as I can tell.

You had every right to ask the question that you did....I only wish you had contacted me first to ask about the details.

No biggie...it happens to the best of us and I hope that my answers have cleared this up.

Loretta
I think she has cleared it up...now, if anyone's interested in helping out with Mrs. Nall's campaign, head over to her web site at http://nallforgovernor.blogspot.com. We need someone in this race who will keep the two major party candidates on their toes, and I think that Mrs. Nall will be a good one to do it.

Now, let's move on to less depressing topics, shall we?