Sunday, May 01, 2005
On this day:

Don't Panic

I went to see the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy on opening night Friday, along with every other geek in Huntsville - including the "loud-and-annoying-laugh guy" a few seats over and the "is-that-really-a-skirt-he's-wearing guy" who exited the theater in front of us.

I have to admit that I went to the movie without having read the books. As it turns out, that may have been a good thing. It seems that lots of people who have read them didn't care much for the movie. Oh well, that's their loss. I thought it was great, although now I can't get that darned "So long, and thanks for all the fish" song out of my head. (Spoiler alert: That's a link to the song...not much of a "spoiler," really, but don't click on it if you'd rather hear it for the first time at the movie.)