Monday, June 13, 2005
On this day:

For Diversocrats, Race = Ideology

My post on Howard Dean's recent statements that Republicans "all look the same" and that the Republican Party is "a white Christian party" prompted one fellow to add this comment: "And the author of this blog is . . . a white guy. Color me shocked."

So much for liberal open-mindedness. His logic, which is all too common among the diversity crowd these days, seems to conclude that people who "look alike" must "think alike," as well.

Well, the truth is that there are plenty of women and "people of color" out there who found Howard Dean's comments just as outrageous as I did. For a few examples, take a look at what Michelle Malkin (see here and here), LaShawn Barber (see here), and NRO's Ramesh Ponnuru and Kathryn Jean Lopez have said about the subject.

On a side note...how'd this guy figure out that I'm white, anyway? Has he seen me dance or something?