Monday, October 09, 2006
On this day:

Bud Cramer on the War

Rep. Bud Cramer speaks thoughtfully and responsibly on the War in Iraq. I don't agree with all of what he says, and his comments seem a bit wishy-washy to me, but it's nice to know that some Democrats actually want to win this thing.

Cramer is my Congressman. He is a relatively conservative "Blue-Dog" Democrat and is running unopposed this November, but I don't know if I can bring myself to vote for him. The write-in option will be awfully tempting, but who would I write in?

One question I'd like to hear Cramer answer is this: "If the Democrats manage to win the House in November, who will you vote for as Speaker?" If the answer is "Nancy Pelosi," then my vote for U.S. Representative will be for someone other than Bud Cramer. Not that it'll make any difference, of course, but at least I'd be able to sleep at night.