Thursday, October 30, 2008
On this day:

Anne Rice: Called out of darkness

Anne Rice is no longer an atheist. In fact, she has just released a memoir of her journey home to the Catholic faith of her childhood, in addition to the first two novels in a four-part, first-person account of the life of Christ.

She says:

"My objective is simple: It's to write books about our Lord living on Earth that make him real to people who don't believe in him; or people who have never really tried to believe in him," she said.

She pressed the point: "I mean, I've made vampires believable to grown women. Now, if I can do that, I can make our Lord Jesus Christ believable to people who've never believed in him. I hope and pray."

Here's a fascinating and moving interview with Ms. Rice, courtesy of NRO's Between the Covers.