Tuesday, November 02, 2004
On this day:

The Election

I'm off to a friend's place for a post-election, Bush victory (hopefully) party. A roundup of my thoughts from today:
  1. Turnout in Huntsville was heavy. I've been here for two other presidential elections, and I saw more people at my polling place than I remember from either of the other two times.
  2. At my polling place, there were two lines separated by last name: An A-L line and an M-Z line. The M-Z line was at least 3 or 4 times as long as the A-L line. A friend in Baltimore said she noticed the same thing where she voted.
  3. Early reporting of exit poll data is not a good thing. Early exit polls are inaccurate and can be misleading to those who don't have a good understanding of statistics.
  4. The reports of voter fraud and intimidation are disturbing.
  5. Constant talk by Democrats of "disenfranchisment" is annoying.
  6. This is going to be a close race. I have a feeling that we'll know who won by the end of the night, but I wouldn't bet too much on it.

OK...that's it for now. Maybe I'll check in later tonight.