Friday, April 15, 2005
On this day:

Site Feed Added

For those of you who have an RSS (or Atom) aggregator, I've added an XML chicklet under "My Site Feed" in the sidebar.

If that sentence didn't make a lick of sense to you, then you are probably as unfamiliar with RSS (really simple syndication), site feeds, and news aggregators as I was up until a couple of days ago. See this Wired article for a pretty good summary. Basically, they allow you to monitor various news and blog sites for updates without having to visit the sites directly (until you see a story or post that looks interesting).

If you are interested in getting an RSS reader for your very own, search for "RSS Reader" in Google. I've heard that SharpReader is a good one, but I have yet to download one for myself, so I can't say much more than that.

If you can recommend other good aggregators, or have anything to add about how useful they are, which ones are best, how they work, etc., please leave a comment.